Sunday, October 24, 2010

And a little more about vacation…

It’s not every day that someone from Steinstrasse goes on vacation.  It’s more like every other day.  One of the guys just got back from Gran Canaria and is off again to Turkey.  Another just returned from Greece, where he had his wallet lifted in Athens and returned to Herford to find it in his mailbox (without the money, but with all of his papers intact, a savings of weeks of bureaucracy). 

Not being a beach bum, I find my solace in train rides to places of historical interest.  I limit myself to one or two days and if I need more, I take it, or them, as in photos and notes.  If I were thirty years younger, you might say I’m trying to find myself, but since I always know where I am, that can’t be it.

It’s more fun to travel with a companion, so the ad is up again:

WANTED: travelling companion, female, between the ages of 35 and 50.  Must be beautiful, intelligent, and witty.  Apllicants apply to ME.

No comments:

Post a Comment