Monday, December 24, 2012

A Buddha's Birthday

Merry Christmas, Frohe Weihnacht, Wesolych Swiat Bozego Narodzenia. Happy Birthday to the Buddha from Bethlehem.  Here in the Nordrhein-Westfaelischer Space, tonight, Christmas Eve, is the celebration, with gift-sharing and a family meal, as it is in Poland and was in Mayfield, Pennsylvania.

For me, it is a special time, even here on Steinstrasse, where I am alone, but not lonely.  My meditation today will be a special one in which I bring everyone I have ever loved or been loved by into my mind.  It will be crowded, but it will be wonderful.

I remember many things about Christmas Past, including trains and planes and tinsel and ornaments from the old country, carols and kolendy, and on this morning, running about the neighborhood wishing all of the neighbors "Na szczęście, na zdrowie, na tę świętą Wigilię!" in the hopes of receiving a few coins, an orange, or a handful of nuts.

It's okay, I've got enough coins, oranges, and nuts for one old man, you don't owe me anything, except maybe if you'd keep your Christmas Spirit everyday.  I'd like that, so would all of the Buddhas.......Merry Chritmas!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment