Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Walking in the Rain

I just came back from a walk around town.  Understandably empty, given the holiday and the weather, it was a pleasure to be able to have it all to myself!  I walked for about an hour, and given the weather-worthiness of my gear, remained dry, with the exception of the tip of my nose (something which only the largest of umbrellas could protect, given it's expansive nature).  There were a few pockets of teen-aged rebellion hunched under the protective cover of doorways, and one or two other intrepid cobble-stone wanderers, but none of the usual pigeons or beggars.  There's always a possibility that you've gone through a portal when the landscape is so devoid of humanity, but I think it was as I said, a case of weather and the aftermath of New Year's Eve celebrating.

Back on Steinstrasse, warm and dry within my cocoon, coffee brewing and a big chunk of tiramisu waiting for the wolf, I am reminded that the original child remains. 

1 comment:

  1. Nice, John. Gave me a very surreal, but pleasing feeling, thinking of my own walks through my deserted neighborhood, into the soggy fields, to the empty beach, along the lake, where there is nothing but grey water, grey sky, sometimes a lonely boat in the distance - that somewhere someone is walking just like me, the Dog's my only companion. The world belongs to lonely wanderers, so we can have each a slice of it, like children - a piece of tiramisu :)

    ReplyDelete