Friday, March 8, 2013

A Silence Broken

I've been off my schedule for a few weeks.  Random experiments.  No plans, no plots.  Just drifting in the cloud of mind.  I spent some time this morning in the electronic notebooks that contain the ideas and elements of 'The Yellow House'.  One page caught my eye and I read it twice and realized it was the kernel of the thought process I need to follow in order to make this happen.  Essentially, the theme, which had been bouncing around in occult and fringe science spaces, has solidified.  I'm working on three elements now, which are the keys to the yellow house of the mind: Language, Technology, and Transcendence.  We all think we understand the first two, but the second will not come to singularity until the first is understood and the understanding of the first is not the understanding of sentences but the understanding of the underlying structure that allows us to generate those sentences in any language we are exposed to.  Not machine translation, which is a statistical process, but universal grammar, and Chomsky's 'Minimalist Program'.  Once we're there, machines can be intelligent, and once machines become intelligent, we can use them to recognize the kernel, the core or human intelligence and reach the third singularity, that of transcendence.

No comments:

Post a Comment