Thursday, May 23, 2013

Gray Enough for You?

It's been a cool, gray week on Steinstrasse. I've played around with some ideas for a sculpture series, dropped a few words into the slowly evolving novel, and I've written some poems which sound like Haiku. The major part of the week has centered around "Rushton and His Times in American Canoeing", one of my favorites. I love canoes, the Adirondacks, and the magnates, hermits, and madmen who fished, padded, and waded through that beautiful wilderness.

The book is a wonderful collection of tales and facts, and the repository of the recreated lofting plans for some of Rushton's best designs. I built a model of one  them many years ago to see how it would look as a fiberglassed wood strip construction. My experience working with Kai and his fairytale houses has rekindled my  need to build things and I think it's time I started.

I'm writing about it, because I don't want the idea to pass, like so many others have. I'll keep you posted.


No comments:

Post a Comment