Sunday, October 13, 2013

Just Another Sunday Morning without the Benefits of a Healthy Breakfast

Kirmes (for those of you who don't know, it's a fair, a fest, kiddie rides, beer, bratwurst, and other delicacies) is on since Thursday night, which is when the rain started.  Today is the closing day and the weatherman promises skies that will alternate between clear and cloudy.  No chance of rain.  We'll see about that.

I'm not the greatest fan of Kirmes.  I don't drink beer that has alcohol (more than 0%, which means trace), rarely eat the brats (although I'm fond or Riesen Krakauer, or giant Polish bologna) and I don't ride the kiddie rides.  There've been enough photos of our fair city made from the top of the ferris wheel.  What I am fond of, is watching people enjoying themselves, which means I'll make a round or two to smell the smells and hear the sounds and watch the kids trying to weasel another euro out of mom and dad.  Kirmes occupies the Alter Market, Linenbauerplatz, Rathausplatz, and a little bit of the Neuermarkt.  It doesn't extend to my neighborhood, the Gaensemarkt.  In order to compensate, the Gaensemarkt will be the home of the Herbstmarkt today, a collection of stalls selling produce, meat, potables, and other stuff to get you through the coming winter.  There will be some fotos to make and some stories to fashion.  Which is why no healthy breakfast.  I'll be eating out today, and I can assure you, whatever it is, it will contain a week's worth of fat.

No comments:

Post a Comment