Sunday, June 15, 2014

A Sunday Walk

The weather's been really nice here for the last week.  Not too hot, breezes, evening thunderstorms, good for daytime walking around.  Sundays are busy on the paths and trails in this part of the world, especially when the Sun is shining.  Today, the Sun was shining.

I met some people I know, and some I didn't. One married couple pointed me to a stream of ants going back and forth across the walking path.  We watched them together and chatted.  The wife had been born in Berlin and the family migrated down here in the final days of the Second World War to avoid the chaos.  The man survived the Russian liberation of Silesia.  We talked for almost half an hour.  It was pleasant.  And now,  I'm going to sleep.  I'll be back soon, with something to say and nothing to complain about.

No comments:

Post a Comment