Wednesday, March 16, 2016

I Wonder Where I've Been

I just took a look at this place after posting earlier today and the first thing I noticed was the timing of my last two posts-Easter 2016 and Thanksgiving 2015.  I guess I missed Christmas and New Years.  I think my lack or productivity in this arena has to do with my zen practice.  I've been back at it for the last six years and I'm pretty content with my life.

Earlier in my life, writing and other forms of art which I casually practice were done in spurts of compulsiveness. For months at a time, I would makes thousands of photos, write hundreds of poems, and blog about it.

The only compulsion I've got these days is afternoon coffee and pastry.  I rarely miss them.  In the language of Zen, I'm attached and should probably cool it, but man, German cakes and pastries should not be ignored.  Sorry, Roshi, but I think you understand  :-)

Hey remember, this is a tongue in cheek look at the universe with only an occasional attempt at being serious, so like the parking problems and the rerouted traffic, I'm having fun, just like the thousands of kids who are going to enjoy the Easter Kirmis, regardless of where my friends with cars have to park.  As for me, I travel by foot and bus and train.....

Be happy. Given the approaching Spring, the will be hiking and photography, so stay tuned (if you find me amusing) and stay balanced.

No comments:

Post a Comment