Thursday, June 17, 2010

Early Morning Train

I took a ride south this morning, to Altenbeken, the other side of Detmold. It's a small town and there's not much there, but if you've got the energy to climb the hill and find the overlook platform, you can get some nice shots.  In the town itself, I photographed some churches and their ancillary art and architecture, a big old steam locomotive at the one locomotive museum.

On the way back, I met a Russian woman on the train who sings with the philharmonic, who was on her way from Detmold to Bielefeld. We shared close to twenty words before I disembarked, but it was more conversation than I had all of last week!

Photos should be posted later on this afternoon. Next junket, Warburg, with castle and stuff.  Stayed tuned.
Did I forget to mention the 29km trail around the city, interlaced with smaller rundwegs (loops)?

Oh, did I forget to mention the trout??

No comments:

Post a Comment