Monday, July 26, 2010

Rain: a Blessing…

It’s rained most of the day.  For the most part a lovely gentle rain, with short bouts of torrent.  Sitting alone under the umbrellas of Almundo, I was given short, but delicious treats by the gods.  I was the sole judge of a wet tee shirt contest in which the participants were unaware of their participation. No one won but me.

It distracted me from my writing, but there’s always late tonight or early tomorrow morning.  It rarely rains Perfectly, I enjoyed it while it lasted.

Associated thought from Shakespeare:

The quality of mercy is not strain'd,
It droppeth as the gentle rain from heaven
Upon the place beneath. It is twice blest:
It blesseth him that gives and him that takes.

Mercy, forgiveness, the absence of malice or hatred or revenge, a quality we should all cultivate.

No comments:

Post a Comment