Saturday, November 17, 2012

Christmas is on the way.....

There's a big tree standing in the Gaensemarkt, the one in the Altermarkt is coming today, I believe.  It compares in size to our Gaensemarkt tree as the Altermarkt compares to it in terms of foot traffic, which means, it's a BIG tree.  I'll take a walk on Christmas Day, just like I would on any other, but instead of trying to empty my mind, I'll fill it-with my kids, my Mom and Dad, my Brother and Sister, and, of course Gideon the Great.  I'll think about some German families I've spent Christmases Past with, and of my aunts and uncles and cousins and I'll smile about it all.  That's the nice think about Christmas, unless you're stinking drunk, you love everybody.  I try to make it Christmas in my head for a few minutes each day.  Even the Big Buddha enjoyed a holiday.....

No comments:

Post a Comment