Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Happy Birthday Antie!

Today is my sister Mary Ann's Birthday.  Her body's no longer here to celebrate, but there's plenty of her left.  She was a sweet and loving woman, especially when it came to her nieces and nephews. She never married, and never had children of her own, so the kids were all special to her.  As was I.  She used to tell me I was her hero, because I'd finished University and gone on to management in big companies.  I wish she could have lasted long enough to enjoy retirement, but two years after packing it in, she died.  That may have been the reason that I, between jobs at sixty, decided to take advantage of life and start to live it.  

I wish she was around to take walks along the river bank, through the fields and woods, or just to sit under the umbrellas and drink a coffee with me, as she did today, in my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment